Adrina to the Rescue
the alter ego
Monday 1 February 2010
February Challenge
Can I survive in London with a mere 200 pounds p.m in expenses ( minus lodging costs)?

The Challenge : To not spend more than 200 pounds in total per month in London. This includes
  • Transportation

  • Food

  • Activities i.e. movies, starbucks, theatre, concert tickets

  • Magazines

  • Clothes

  • Toiletteries / anything from Boots

  • Knick knacks from Paperchase or cute little stores


Basically every other expenses would be lumped into this 200 pounds limit. When a purchase is deemed necessary and lasts more than 1 month, for example a facial wash, this will be apportioned appropriately.


Can I rise to this challenge and still live a normal happy life? The point of this experiment is not to be at home in the weekends and pretend that retail theraphy does not exist, but to what extent can I alter my behaviour to find purchases which are not within my comfort zone - hence looking for alternatives which I may not have tried and cheaper.

All purchases are documented. I am already dreaming of what I will treat myself if this is successful.



February 1: 30 pounds at Boots. 1.75 pounds for lunch. =31.75

Needed to buy toothpast and shower gel from Boots. 3 for 2 promotion is either genius or evil.



good-bye to salon hair

First attempt at buying an alternative product - my normal mosturiser is low is supply, so rather than spending the 30 odd pounds for a jar, I bought a Boots brand for 19pounds instead! Will write if there are any difference between the two.

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment